Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Personal Reflection

By though, I tried to improve my personal and spiritual growth by various kinds of methods, like become an outstanding Christian and doing ministry effectively, yet I failed. Only until God spoke to me: “Who are you and what you did are not important. Just deny yourself in everything, take up your cross, obey and follow me faithfully.”

I felt frustrated and angry about myself. I thought I can do many things for God, even serve Him in full-time. But deep inside my heart I asked: Is it true that I will follow Christ in any circumstances, even in bad conditions? Am I doing well in every aspect of my life and found no mistake? I have many hidden sins which I feel shame about. Am I so proud of myself and self-centered until I contempt others? Is my personal and spiritual growth is to glorify and testify God’s goodness, or is just for my own benefit?

Now, I thank God because He wants me for a breakthrough and to step out in faith, to do things that bring to the newness in my mind and life. He wants me to have a fruitful personal and spiritual growth in my life. God did not need me to die hard for Him but wish me to love Him with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind and all of my strength; also love the others as myself, and it should be the first priority and more important than other in my life. He is concern about me, as a person, for who I am, not just what I am.

By the grace of God, I hope to be His friend and live out His image and likeness. Together I walk with Him in the journey of faith. Let me experience and share His love and amazing graces through my devotional time with Him, in community life and in whatever situations that happen to me. Let my life to be transformed and become a person with pure heart. I believe God is creative; He always has new ways of doing things and will give me the potential to do things too, which will bring forth glory to Him.

2 comments:

  1. 要寻找一颗纯净的心恰恰需要到忙、乱、脏的现实中。

    同样要追求敬虔,只有到假、恶、丑的世界。

    当然不是我说的,梅顿与卢云基本上都这样灵修。

    ReplyDelete